Green Curry Penne Rigate
Ingredients (serves 3 persons)
Lobo Green Curry Paste 1 packet
Olive oil 3 tablespoons
Coconut milk 1 cup
Peeled and deveined shrimps 150 g (5.25 oz)
Sliced squid 120 g (4.2 oz)
Palm sugar 1 tablespoon
Boiled penne rigate 300 g (10.5 oz)
Thai apple eggplant (or avocado) 1 cup
Sweet basil leaves 2 cups
Chopped red chili
Most westerners love Green Curry at first taste. This is made mainly from fresh green chilli, the hottest of all curries. Just be prepared for a hot, yet delightful, taste.
- Stir Green Curry Paste in olive oil until aromatic. Slowly pour in coconut milk.
- Add shrimps and squid and flavour with fish sauce and palm sugar. Stir until well blended.
- Add boiled penne rigate, followed by Thai apple eggplant and sweet basil leaves. Stir at medium heat.
- Serve garnished with kaffir lime leaves and red chili.
- Do not boil pasta for longer than 10-15 minutes as it will cook more when stirred in the skillet.
- When removed, shake the pasta in cold water, drain and dredge in vegetable oil or olive oil to prevent the threads from sticking together.
- You can try other kinds of pasta for variety.
- If Thai apple eggplant cannot be sourced, avocado is an interesting alternative as it is rich in flavour.