Ingredients (serves 6 persons)
Lobo Roast Duck Seasoning Mix 1 packet
When a duck is cooked whole, Lobo cooking expertise has developed a special Seasoning Mix, so that the ingredients can work their magic to complement the flavour and impart a truly interesting taste sensation.
- Wash the duck thoroughly and leave to dry.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix on both outside and inside the duck and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Set the oven to 375°F or 190°C.
- Once the oven is ready, put the duck in to roast for about 30 minutes. Keep turning the duck and continue to roast until its skin is crispy all over.
- Pick a duck with tight, intact, non-creasing skin. There should be no green spots, particularly underneath wings and legs. Where the neck joins the body should not be black or blue. Eyeballs should not recess into the sockets. And, most importantly, the duck should not give a bad smell.
- An easy way to quell the smell of duck is to baste lime juice all over it and pat dry with paper towel before actually cleaning the duck.