Salmon Sour Yellow Curry
Ingredients (serves 3-4 persons)
Lobo Sour Yellow Curry Paste 1 packet
Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
Salmon, cut into pieces 300 g (10.5 oz)
Bamboo shoots, chopped and boiled 100 g (3.5 oz)
Asparagus, chopped and boiled 100 g (3.5 oz)
Pineapple, cut into pieces 50 g (1.8 oz)
Soup stock 50 g (1.8 oz)
Finely chopped kaffir lime leaves and red chilli to garnish
A curry that complements the taste of the fish. It is a delicious non-coconut curry enhanced with the flavour of bamboo shoots.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok. Add the Sour Yellow Curry Paste and stir until aromatic.
- Add salmon, and when cooked, add bamboo shoots then follow by asparagus, pineapple and soup stock.
- When vegetables are cooked and soup is boiling, flavour as desired. Transfer to the bowl. Sprinkle with finely chopped kaffir lime leaves and red chilli. Serve with hot steamed rice.
- Sour Yellow Curry is very hot. Serve with fresh vegetables like winged beans, djenkol beans, parkia, cucumber and eggplant.
- Salmon can be substituted with striped catfish or snapper.
- To make curry extra sour, add lime juice to taste