Salmon Laab or Namtok Fettuccine
Ingredients (serves 3-4 persons)
Lobo Laab-Namtok Seasoning Mix 1 packet
Salmon, chopped into chunks 150 g (5.25 oz)
Olive oil 3 tablespoons
Finely chopped garlic 10 g (0.35 oz)
Cooked fettuccine 200 g (7 oz)
Oyster sauce 1 tablespoon
Red onion, finely chopped along the length 30 g (1 oz)
Stink weed, chopped into pieces 10 g (3.5 oz)
Finely chopped kaffir lime leaves for sprinkling
Fried, dried chilli and fried kaffir lime leaves for garnish
The legendary taste of Laab was taken to Bangkok by the people of E-san in the Northeast of Thailand. The blend of ethnic herbs and lime juice makes this dish truly tantalising and refreshing.
- Dredge salmon in half a packet of Laab-Namtok Seasoning Mix. Marinate in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Add a little oil into the pan. Bring to heat. Fry salmon until it turns yellow. Remove and let rest.
- Add olive oil into pan. Fry garlic at medium heat until aromatic.
- Add cooked fettuccine and remaining quantity of Laab-Namtok Seasoning Mix, then stir.
- Flavour with oyster sauce.
- Add red onion and stink weed, stir again and transfer to plates.
- Place salmon on the side.
- Sprinkle with kaffir lime leaves, fried dried chilli and fried kaffir lime leaves, then serve.
- Semi-fresh fettuccine is recommended. It gives that pleasant yellow shade and is more capable of absorbing the sauce than dried fettuccine products.
- Squeeze lime juice into the dish for extra flavour.