Shrimp and Coconut Sprouts in Spicy Tom Yum Soup
Ingredients (serves 2 persons)
Lobo Tom Yum Paste 1 packet
Peeled fresh shrimps 200 g (7 oz)
Straw mushrooms 100 g (3.5 oz)
Coconut sprouts 100 g (3.5 oz)
Non-sweetened, condensed milk ¼ cup
Water 1 ¾ cups
Coarsely crushed bird chilli
Coriander leaves for garnish
Shrimp Tom Yum or Tom Yum Goong must be the one of the best known Thai dishes in the world. Its unforgettable taste is a subtle blend of hot and sour with citrus overtones derived from lime juice and kaffir lime peel. A fantastic meal everyone will enjoy.
- Bring water to the boil then add Tom Yum Paste and coconut sprouts. Boil for a while.
- Add shrimps and straw mushrooms. Boil until cooked.
- Add non-sweetenened, condensed milk and stir for a while.
- Remove from stove and flavour with fish sauce, lime juice and crushed bird chilli.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle coriander leaves on top and serve hot.
- Straw mushrooms can be substituted with eryngii mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, Hungarian mushrooms or champignon mushrooms.
- One packet of Lobo Tom Yum Paste cooks two servings.
- Wait until water is boiled before adding shrimps. If not, shrimps will emit foul odour.
- If shrimps are small, add mushrooms first so that shrimps will not be overcooked when served.