Kaang Pa Country-style Red Curry
Ingredients (serves 3-4 persons)
Lobo Country Style Red Curry Paste 1 packet
Beef or chicken, cut into bite sized chunks 250 g (8.8 oz)
Water 1 cup (240 ml)
Eggplant, bamboo shoots, yard long bean Kaffir lime leaves, sweet basil leaves and chilli Fish sauce
As years gone by, the ingredients in the Country-style Red Curry were used by villagers living in jungle areas to prepare curry from whatever ingredients were available. Today, that same taste is very popular. Taste it and you’ll know why!
- Heat wok or skillet. Stir fry beef or chicken with Country Style Red Curry Paste until cooked.
- Add water just to cover meat and simmer until boiled.
- Add eggplant, bamboo shoots, yard long bean, kaffir lime leaves, sweet basil leaves and chilli. Remove once boiled.
- Flavour with fish sauce to taste.
- The secret to tender beef is to heat beef without oil in a pan until the water inside is completely purged. Do not use high heat. Use this heated beef to stir with curry paste as above.
- Keep chopped eggplant soaked in salt water to prevent it from turning black.
- After placing vegetables into the skillet, leave for a moment and remove from stove to ensure that the vegetables are cooked and crispy.