Chicken Satay with Cucumber Salad
Ingredients (serves 3-4 persons)
Lobo Satay Seasoning Mix (Package A) 1 packet
Chicken breast ½ kg (17.5 oz)
Coconut milk ¼ cup (60 ml)
Lobo Satay Sauce Mix (Package B) 1 packet
Coconut milk ¾ cup (180 ml)
Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
Vinegar 4 tablespoons
Cane sugar 5 tablespoons
Salt ¾ teaspoon
Cucumber, chilli and red onion as desired
A favourite entree’ or party dish that is a great way to start a meal or any time as a snack. Chicken Satay tastes extra delicious with the seasoning marinade and special, tasty sauce.
- Clean chicken and slice into thin strips length wise.
- Dissolve Satay Seasoning Mix (Package A) in the coconut milk and dredge the chicken in it. Leave to marinate 1 hour.
- Thread marinated chicken onto skewer. Grill at medium heat until cooked.
- Mix Satay Sauce Mix (Package B) in coconut milk and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Bring to the boil. Lower heat and stir 15 minutes.
- Mix vinegar, brown sugar and salt together.
- Set on stove until sugar dissolves completely. Leave to cool down.
- Slice cucumber, chilli and red onion. Place in a bowl. Pour in the dressing to serve.
- For extra tender chicken, marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Do not leave the vegetables in dressing for too long, or they will lose crispness.